Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

This week my post will be a little on the short side. I am currently on the hospital consultation service so my schedule has gotten just a little hectic. There were no big plans this week- just recovering from the traveling and excitement of last week. I had to work this weekend and Memorial Day so we spent most of our time inside.

I do have a few videos that I have been meaning to share from the past few weeks. Here's a clip of Kenzie helping Jen unload her baby food from the grocery store. I like the way she tastes a few of the jars before handing them to Jen! The clip is a little long but really cute!


Kenzie is quite the budding little artist. She wanted me to forward along this video and a picture of her first formal work of art. It's more beautiful than any Monet to me!

The work of a true artistic genius....it's the symmetry, spacial depth, and symbolism that I find so fascinating! :-)
Do any of you remember the cartoon from the late 80's, "The World of David the Gnome"? It came on Nickelodeon and I have to say that I really loved it.
 I made the mistake of playing the intro music for Kenzie and now she is obsessed with it. Here you can see a clip documenting her obsession. When she cries in the clip it's because the music stopped briefly. Let's just say that Jen and I now actually live in the "World of David the Gnome". I hear the music so much now that it slips into my dreams at night and I find myself singing the song at work. Oh well, I don't mind because it makes her so happy!
 

Kenzie got a special little outfit from Honey that was just right for Memorial Day.

Going out to help Mom with some errands....
Don't go too far Kenzie! Look what came in the mail for you. It looks like the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has called upon you to serve as a trial juror. While I do believe that you would be fair and impartial, your summons date is for August 18 and we will already be in Mississippi. Shucks!

Memorial Day is all about remembering the men and women who sacrificed everything for our nation and our freedom. Today I spent a lot time contemplating that sacrifice and I hope that each of you will do the same. Freedom is not free. It was bought with the lives of many wonderful men and women. Today I thank each of them and their families.
Good night to all and have a great week!
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. I am CRACKING UP at K crying over the David the Gnome music! That is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw a gnome statue in Big Lots and was SO CLOSE to buying it as a welcome home present for y'all. I did restrain myself, however, and I'm sure Brad would be quite proud of my thriftiness. :0)

    ReplyDelete