Saturday, November 6, 2010

Can't Believe It's November Already!

This year has really been flying by! Now that Halloween is gone, we know that Thanksgiving will be here in no time! It has been a pretty slow week after getting back from Salem.

Recently, Nana sent Kenzie a special surprise, a Jumperoo! But before Kenzie could enjoy it, I had to put it together. I saw the dreaded words...."some assembly required". I think that is a bit misleading, it should say "total assembly required!"
Eventually I did get it together and Kenzie loves it. At first she was a little unsure about it but then when she realized that she could jump up and down, she couldn't stop smiling and laughing!

When we moved to Boston, Nana and Honey bought some of the Hallmark recordable storybooks that you see commercials for on TV. Kenzie loves hearing Nana, Honey, Uncle Larry, Aunt Maggie, Uncle Danny, and future Aunt Ashley reading books to her. These books are wonderful and they make us all feel a little bit closer to home. I've been seeing the commercials for the Christmas versions....hint, hint, grandmas.....


Kenzie had an impromptu photo shoot this week while wearing a flower headband given to her by Aunt Amber....

Pretty cute huh?
This week Roman found his  new favorite spot.....since it has started getting cold outside I think he likes the warmth of the cablebox. He stays there about 12 hours out of the day!
I did something that I have been wanting to do for sometime this week. I have always wanted to learn to play the piano and I actually started taking lessons for about six months before we found out that Jennifer was pregnant. I have been anxious to start taking lessons again and this week I did. I found a great piano teacher that is willing to meet with me weekly at my apartment! Get ready....in a few months I hope that I will be posting a video of my first classical piece!
In celebration of Kenzie's gulf coast heritage, she got a new toy! We couldn't resist picking up one of these cute alligators...
I think she likes it....
Kenzie has really been talking it up lately. She goes through spells where she just can't stop.....I was lucky enough to catch one of these spells on video. You can watch below.....you may have to pause the music on the website to hear Kenzie talking!

Each week I will be providing a "Featured Flashback" from the past. This week's feature is a picture of me and Jennifer after we got engaged in June of 2003. We were out for a walk on my parents land when a rain storm caught us. Fortunately my Mom was there to snap a picture of us when we made it back to the house!

Kenzie would like to take a moment to say Happy Birthday to Pops! While we can't be together today, we have been looking at some old pictures of Pops and "the boys"...

Now it is time to make room for new pictures with Pops and Kenzie...
Look how much she has grown already!


How about a couple of cute pictures that Kenzie took just for Pops to wrap up the week? Happy Birthday!



Until next week,

Ashley

6 comments:

  1. 1. I love the new music addition! I am feeling a little peer pressure to kick it up a notch over at Mississippi Girl! :0)
    2. I love the impromptu headband photo session! Who knew all those adorable rolls were under that sweet Kenzie's arms?!
    3. You TOTALLY saved me on the DST reminder! I was feeling like a stinky mommy keeping my kid up late to make cookies, but it turns out I was a fun mom who still got her daughter in bed by 9:30! :0) And thanks to your reminder, we might actually make it to church on time in the morning....for the 1st time in about a year.
    4. Love the featured flashback. Could we rewind to the days where we were thin and firm and wrinkle-free??
    5. I'm about to go back and watch the video, and I feel quite certain that it will be adorable....because Kenzie is always adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I LOVED the video of Kenzie "talking"! Precious!! Also LOVED all of her rolls in the photo shoot! She will probably kill you in the future for that!! Hope all is well with y'all!! LOVE reading the blog and seeing what y'all are up to!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Ashley! It's so much fun reading about the fam each week. Oh, and Kenzie has absolutely stolen my heart. I LOVE HER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Angie I am very flattered...I consider you the "Godfather" of blogging! Really, your blog is such a great record of your family that it motivated me to start our own, so thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ashley! I am glad that I have inspired something besides a toddler fit or a giant poopy diaper. :0) Truly, I appreciate the compliment. We are going to love looking back at our "good ole days" on our blogs in a few more years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the video and the flashback pictures! Love her sweet smiles, too!

    ReplyDelete