Sunday, January 29, 2012

Honey and Pops Pay a Visit

I am holding true to my vow to do a better job of keeping the blog updated. This weekend we had the pleasure of having Honey and Pops come and stay with us. I started my weekend by checking something really important off my 'to do' list. Kenzie's piggy bank has been accumulating for sometime and I finally managed to empty it and get her money deposited and counted. Kenzie now has more money in the bank than I do! She's trying to decide how best to invest this-perhaps a well diversified mutual fund or maybe a bond?
It was a beautiful weekend but the cold wind kept us indoors most of the time. Honey and Kenzie did manage to spend some time outside...

 I do have a rather dark secret to share.....Honey has a canned whipped topping addiction! I just happened to walk in and catch her passing this along to Kenzie. Before long she'll be squirting it directly in her mouth like Honey!

 Jennifer got a new toy for Christmas-After an embroidery class this week she was ready to get started.

 Jennifer made a Valentine's Day gift for our friends. I have to say that I am very impressed! (I requested permission to post this so I wouldn't ruin any surprises!) I'm really excited about seeing everything that Jen will create!
The best part about the embroidery/sewing machine is its location....now we can face off while we're getting our work done!
Pops spent some private time with Kenzie at the grill. It was chilly so the coals doubled as a pretty good foot warmer.
 Honey splurged a bit and bought Kenzie a new dress in downtown Tupelo.....
 and she wore it to church today. What a great picture!
 I'll wrap things up with Kenzie being silly in the kitchen!


Have a great week,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment