Sunday, August 21, 2011

Settling In

We've been back in Mississippi now for nearly two months and we continue to slowly get settled in. My biggest problem is that I have too many projects that I want to get underway at once. One of my first tasks was getting our water garden back up and working. With some serious elbow grease I was able to get everything cleaned out and working nicely. To our surprise there were nearly 20 fish hiding below all of the leaf debris in the bottom. Here you can see Jen and Kenzie enjoying the scenery. You can click on all the pictures for a better view. 
I repotted the water lilies and was rewarded with a beautiful bloom. They open up daily during peak sunlight and close at night.
A close up view...
We've also been spending some time in the front yard. There was a great foundation of landscaping but no real flower beds to work with. One of the things we missed most while in Boston was getting our hands in the dirt. Here's a couple of pictures of our progress.

 Tux enjoys all of these new flower beds...
Kenzie and Tux are getting to know each other....
but Tux isn't so sure about it yet!
Kenzie's enjoying all the green grass too!
We are also getting daily lessons in flower identification...can you say Zennia elegans?
After months of struggling, Jen finally convinced Kenzie that wearing sunglasses is fun-

 We've got some busy weeks ahead- I'll be starting the Master of Science in Healthcare Administration at UAB in September so when I'm not at work, working in the yard, or playing with Kenzie, I'll have my nose in a book. I've actually got my first homework assignment already. It's been a long, long, long time since I've had one of those! Here's one last picture of Kenzie to end this post.
Enjoy your week!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment