Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's the Final Countdown!

Well here we are.....our last week in Boston. It is truly hard to believe that the time has nearly arrived for us to return home. In keeping with the blog theme this week you can click on the player above for "The Final Countdown" courtesy of the 80s rock band, 'Europe'. This week has been a busy one for several reasons.... the moving company came and picked up our belongings on Tuesday so we have an empty apartment! Here's Kenzie looking a little worried about all of this activity.
And here she is getting in one last business call on her cell before the movers take it away...
Look at that big, empty apartment! Is that Little Miss taking a nap in the corner?
  
We love all of this new space to crawl freely. No pesky barricades or furniture to block the path.
  
Doing the infamous 'Kenzie point' at the camera.
This week we attended the fellowship graduation ceremony. It was really nice getting to be there with all of my friends to celebrate the completion of our fellowship training. I am really going to miss each of them but I know we will all keep in touch.
Kenzie had a blast at the graduation too. 
Don't feel too bad for us not having any furniture and all. We made arrangements to stay at the Back Bay Hotel in Boston. It's a really nice hotel that was built in the old Boston Police headquarters.
I discovered that Kenzie's travel crib is actually very spacious!
The hotel has a nice little pub and Kenzie is pretty popular there-
 "I Kenzie, summon you waitress to bring me that glass of water!"
Kenzie has learned that if she smiles really big she can get just about anything!
 
We are so excited to have Nana up to help us during the transition back home. She will be giving Jen some much needed relief in the coming days.
Do you think they are enjoying each other?
I suppose the next time I post we won't be lost in Boston anymore. This brings me to an interesting point. Obviously we are going to need a new name for our blog and honestly I am stumped. I would like to take this opportunity to solicit some ideas from everyone-Just post your best idea for our new blog title as a comment to this thread. Someone here in Boston jokingly suggested Hillbilly Harris' and I thought about it but I'm not sure if it's the right fit for us. 
As always here's one last pic of Kenzie to end this post.
Best,
Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Awwww... gonna miss that smiling face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm....a new blog title. Obviously, this is not my forte, as I am still Mississippi Girl. I'm thinking of crossing out the Girl and writing "Lady" over it. :0)
    Maybe something like-- Down South, Southern Harris Happenings, Where Sweet Tea is King.....yep, I got nothing.
    See you sooooooon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should call it At Home with the Harris's....just sounds southern to me!! So glad ya'll are coming home!!

    ReplyDelete