Friday, February 4, 2011

Kenzie's Science Lesson!

We had a great, uneventful week and it really seemed to go by very fast. I had a lecture to give on healthcare reform so a lot of my free time was spent working on that. That doesn't mean that Kenzie didn't have time for a science lesson. Here she is learning all about static electricity.... she now has a complete grasp of electron transfer and positive and negative charges!
 The biggest topic of conversation around Boston these days is the weather. It's been quite a winter season! A growing concern around here is the increasing number of roof collapses due to the massive weight of snow. Many of you have probably already seen this video of a roof collapse in Easton, MA on the national news.

I've actually seen folks shoveling snow off their roofs! I'm just happy that Punxsutawney Phil gave us some good news on Groundhog's day. We can expect an early Spring this year. (You just have to ignore the fact that over the 121 years of predictions, the groundhogs have only been right about 39% of the time!)
We have no major plans this weekend and that's a good thing. After the past two weeks we are ready to kick back and relax. The repairs on the building lobby and first 9 floors continue. Fortunately our new apartment is high enough that we don't really have to deal with any of the noise. Of course we will be watching the Superbowl with everyone else-have you seen the early release Darth Vader Superbowl commercial? I think it's pretty funny...

Several weeks ago it was unbelievable cold here-the temperature was down around -5 at one point. I intended to post this picture awhile ago. After parking my car to run some errands, I returned an hour later to find my coffee frozen solid! Now that is cold!
A couple of days ago I caught Kenzie sitting up on the couch like a big girl....
 I also took this picture which is now my favorite of Kenzie!
 I hope that everyone has a great weekend! Enjoy the Superbowl!

Ashley

1 comment:

  1. You men and your science! Brad brought home dry ice yesterday and about drove me and Emmy crazy looking up experiments to do with it!

    ReplyDelete